1) The average soda has no nutritional value- only sugar, carbonated water, caramel color, natural flavors, caffeine, phosphoric acid, and high fructose corn syrup.
2) According to Harvard researchers, the risk of childhood obesity increases 1.6 times with each additional daily serving of soda consumed.
3) Soda adds more sugar to a typical 2-year-old’s diet than cookies, candies, and ice cream combined.
4) Numerous studies indicate that the sugar and acids in soda may cause tooth decay.
5) According to some household cleaning websites, soda can be used as a toilet cleaner and rust and grease remover.
6) A Harvard study of teenage athletes identified a strong association between soda consumption and bone fractures in 14-year-old girls.
7) An average can of soda has 35-38 mg of caffeine and as much as 13 teaspoons of sugar.
8) Most energy drinks contain about 80mg of caffeine, along with other legal stimulants like guarana and ginseng.
9) Certain energy drinks contain huge blasts of caffeine (up to 280mg)- almost triple the caffeine in a cup of coffee.
10) Energy drinks can boost heart rate and blood pressure, increase anxiety, dehydrate the body and cause insomnia.
information provided by toyourhealth.com.
for more information please on this subject please visit http://toyourhealth.com/mpacms/tyh/home.php